The HP 8640B AM/FM Signal Generator is designed for testing of radio receiver systems.
Serial No: 1342U00161
The HP 8640B is a signal generator with an output frequency range of 500KHz – 512MHz. Has digital display with 6-1/2 digits. FM modulation 400Hz and 1KHz. Output Level 1V rms 600 Ohm. AM 10mV to 0.5 to 512MHz modulation: 0 to 100%. Output Power switchable from -145 to +19 dBm.
Item has been tested with the faults identified and results/remarks detailed by our engineer below.
- Frequency range: 500 kHz – 512MHz
- Frequency stability: <0.05 ppm/hr.
- Output power range: +18 dBm -145 dBm
- Output level flatness: 0.75 dBm a -1.25dBm
- Harmonic spurious signals: -100 dBc <520 MHz, -20 dBc >520 MHz
- Non-harmonic spurious signals: -100 dBc specified power
- Internal AM, FM, Pulse modulation
- Output connector: N(f)
- Max frequency: 512 MHz
- Minimum Frequency: 500 KHz
- Modulation: AM, FM, Pulse modulation
- Max. Output level: +19 dBm
- Min. output level: -145 dBm
- RF Output very low
- IF on +30dB giving out < 0dB
- FM MOD Output OK but does not show on meter
- AM MOD output ok but does not show on meter
- Test frequency 1M-10M-100M/1 GHz
- Counter Mode FLL Lock – OK
- Small crack on output power knob
- Frequency readout shows 100MHz – output frequency is 87.9 MHz.
- Frequency 400 MHz – OK, 300 MHZ OK.
- Frequency below <=250 MHz, out of step with display
Shipping (UK Mainland): £15.00/ea GBP